Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Storms...

Today I am at home ill with pleurisy of my right lung...it is sore and painful and I feel miserable. The weather outside is blowing up another storm for the second day running, 95mile per hour winds have been recorded and lots of damage has been done around the country. Severe rain has caused flooding in many areas and mother nature is continuing to remind us that she is the boss.
It got me thinking as I was trudging up the bumpy track to the GP surgery this afternoon. The ground was sodden and muddy and the wind was whipping around my face. The sun was shining for most of the time and actually I felt like my wintry cobwebs were being blown away. I have experienced 26 winters here and the cosy evenings in front of a roaring wood burner listening to the wind howl and the rain beat a tattoo on the tin roof of our chalet are some of the most satisfying memories that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...