Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Nicki Jones-Hipkiss, Sad news

I really believe that each day is a gift, to treasure and enjoy in whatever way we can. Today I heard the sad news that my friend and colleague Nicki Jones-Hipkiss has died. Nicki was a fantastic Midwife and an even better friend. She was full of fun and laughter and was passionate about Midwifery. She battled her illness with dignity grit and determination. She just wanted to see her 40th birthday! Not much to ask for really....sadly Nicki didn't quite make it to the big 40 and died just a few days short. I will always remember her returning to work with her wig on and smiling despite the obvious pain she was in. She never played the victim, though God knows of all people she had the right to. She touched the lives of all the women and babies she cared for and she was an exceptional Midwife to work with. I have never met anyone so brave and so full of life. Midwifery has lost one of it's best ambassadors and women have lost a true advocate. The world will be a duller place without her smile and I will miss her sorely. I am however grateful that Nicki is no longer in pain and her great spirit is free to soar. My deepest sympathies are for her Husband and family and my thoughts are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...