Search This Blog

Sunday 24 February 2008

Pippa



I saw my friend Pippa in the local shop yesterday.....ever beautiful, ever young, her sparkling, golden head of curls bouncing as she laughs always makes me smile. I once saw a painting of a sea rescue off mumbles by Derek Scott (ex cox of mumbles lifeboat) The woman closest to the sea, straining against the grasp of the woman above her, red hair whipping in the wind was my friend Pippa.....no doubt about it and that is how I will always see her, hair wild in the wind, straining and reaching out. She has a son now his hair is red too but not light gold like his mother, his is a rich deep auburn red that glows when the sun is on it. I watched him carrying one of the chickens late on a summer afternoon and both hair and chicken were an identical colour! He used to make me laugh when he was little calling Andy (my Husband) Mandy. When asked why , his simple explanation was that he was a Man called Andy so he called him Mandy! Perfect logic that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...