Search This Blog

Sunday 10 February 2008

Just as I was saying......

Today I have attended a meeting of my neighbours, it seems that some of the very people I rant on about have been doing some very underhanded things.
Namely trying to propose changes and development with the local council for Sandy Lane and inferring (but not actually stating) that they speak for all of us.........MESSAGE TO SUCH INDIVIDUALS - YOU DO NOT REPRESENT US, NOT NOW, NOT EVER, ON ANYTHING.
For those of you not yet aware, there are self proclaimed property developers who have moved onto Sandy Lane and presumably with the idea that greater profits could be had if changes were made. They have allegedly tried to influence others to their way of thinking by offers of financial donations for remedial work to the roads. They have purchased 2 vacant plots in the top field adjacent to the Childrens play area and Princes Field. They applied for planning permission and have been refused. At the Cammill meeting that they insisted was held to discuss the state of the road they were left in no uncertainty about how the MAJORITY of people who live here feel. There are those who would like tarmac, pavements and streetlights for reasons best known to themselves but for most of us we do not want this at any price and will fight tooth and nail to oppose such actions.
I for one am putting my cards on the table:
NO to amalgamating Sandy Lane with Pennard, Southgate or Parkmill.
NO to calling our community a VILLAGE.
NO to supporting infill building in any form...empty plots is empty plots!
NO to upgrading the infrastructure, roads etc.
NO to allowing anyone to decide how our PRIVATELY OWNED environment should be managed.
I will fight, with words, the law or fists if necessary to defend that which I hold dear.

I stand by my opening rant on this blog....if you don't like it here...MOVE, you cannot change a community to suit yourself, why did you come here in the first place...oh yes I forgot pound signs! Go away and make a quick buck somewhere else you are NOT WELCOME HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...