Search This Blog

Sunday 24 February 2008

More thoughts....on family


Singing with Joe Schmo


Singing at Dan's 16th Party


First Live Performance 1993


Singing with her Papa, 2000


Kaye singing at my 50th 2004

I was thinking earlier how much I miss my younger daughter singing. It all started when Black Velvet came on the radio. It set in motion a train of thought that sent me off remembering the many times I've heard my daughter Kaye sing that song with her Dad's band Joe Schmo. I will forever have a picture of her in my head from a particular night in The 'Tav. She was stood on stage her bubbling blonde curls were being blown about by the fan, she wore black jeans & a Julien Mcdonald black and silver sparly T shirt and a silver sequinned sash. Her brilliant blue eyes were lined with silver sparkling eyeliner and as she belted out Black Velvet she was every inch 'The Diva'. I have seen her and heard her sing many times since but that night she was spectacular.I was immensely proud. Now she lives in London I don't get to hear her wonderful singing as often but I look forward to her visits home especially if the band are playing as she gets up and sings a few numbers with them. Her and her Dad singing Sweet Home Alabama is a joy to hear and the obvious enjoyment that they each get from it is very infectious. Her little nieces all want to be like Aunty Cake and they all sing and perform to my absolute delight. I admit to a few tears now and then when Erin's crystal voice sings Somewhere Over The Rainbow, little Megan gives us a rendition of I'm Special' in her tuneful but piping little voice or Hannah gives us a real performance of the latest song she has learned word perfect from High School Musical 2! Cara is now in stage school and loving every minute and Kate takes great delight in competing on Sing Star along with her brothers and sisters. My elder daughter Danielle has a glorious voice too, she also likes to get up and have a go on Sing Star! Her voice is softer and more mature but has a warmth and sincerity that is wonderful and gentle on the ear . All in all the voices of my children and grandchildren give me an immense amount of pleasure and I am so glad that they feel confident enough to open their mouths and sing from their hearts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...