Search This Blog

Friday 24 June 2011

My cousin Ro

I realised that it would have been my cousin Rosemary's birthday this week and I was sad to think that she was no longer with us. Ro died unexpectedly last year and it was a huge shock to us all. As kids growing up my sister Sharon and I spent a lot of time with the London cousins, Rosemary and Janice. Ro was the oldest, most sensible and gentlest of us all. When we were in our teens we introduced the cousins to our gang of mates and Ro fell in love with our dear friend Johnathon P. Williams (aka 'Willy P') owing to the fact that there were so many Williams's in his school and in those days they were addressed by their surname only. We howled at this and would repeat over and over Willy P....NO HE WON'T. They married young and had many years of happy married life together along with their six beautiful children. Eventually they divorced and Ro met her second husband David Ellis and had her 7th child with him. 
Rosemary and her lovely children

When Rowan was 5 tragedy struck and David died suddenly. Ro was devastated but carried on raising her family. Ro's death was a tragedy for the children but poor Rowan was now without both her parents. My sister Sharon and I attended Ro's funeral and met up once again with Jonathon who declared to everyone that Rowan would always have him. The seven kids supported each other wonderfully through this saddest of times. We left promising to visit Jon in the summer of 2011. I got a cheeky Xmas card from him and then the most awful thing happened, I got the news that Jon had died. He was diagnosed with lung cancer before Xmas and within weeks was gone. 
Jon Williams

It is almost beyond belief that life could be so cruel to one family but they have rallied together and supporting each other are getting on with living,loving and having babies. They are beautiful in every sense of the word and their parents would have been so proud of them. I can't believe that these two people who I shared so much history with are gone from my world, but I do know that I was blessed to have known them and for that I am eternally thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...