Search This Blog

Saturday 18 June 2011

Joe Park R.I.P.

R.I.P. Joe Park

It is with a heavy heart that I am passing on the news that Joe Park has died. I know he will be sadly missed by all who knew him and that is a very considerable amount of people, no matter where you were or what you were doing someone there knew Joe! I remember when I moved to Sandy Lane and Joe was comfortable living in his yellow van parked outside of Gerri's. He was wonderful to the kids, but teased them unmercifully; He taught my boys a lot about cars and mechanics and I blame him for their obsession with all things mechanical and my increased washing loads over the years. 
His ingenuity was way beyond anything I had come across before and he was the original 'Bodger' ! He could make something out of nothing and always had a mate who had done it before. The kids got money for sweets and wide eyed entertainment as he regaled them with fantastic tales on every subject under the sun. I can see him now roll up in hand, explaining how to do a gas conversion on a car to Karl and Ashley. He was ever helpful, kind and often feisty. He admired strength of character and individuality. His guffaw of a laugh could often be heard when telling of someone getting their come uppance by whatever means. 
I did hear that the staff in the hospital found him difficult to treat as he kept telling them to f**k off , while I appreciate that this was difficult to manage it was so typical of Joe it really made me smile....he was one of a kind, a real individual and larger than life. The world is a poorer place today without him....Sleep tight Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...