Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2011

The First Born...

No one prepares you for your first born child, you read all the books,listen to everyone's advice and watch all the TV programs about childbirth and parenting but it still overwhelms you like an emotional Tsunami!
My youngest daughter Kaye has recently had her first baby, the absolutely gorgeous Sebastian Andrew and watching her all loved up with him brought back many memories of my own first baby Danielle Jayne.
My first baby Danielle Jayne

It was back in 1973 and I was just 19years old. Those that know me from my youth will know that I was a 'wild child'. I had an easy labour and delivered my tiny little girl with no stitches or problems at all....she was 4 weeks early and weighed 4lbs 10ozs. The Midwife put her in my arms and I looked at the tiny little face and fell totally, overwhelmingly in love, I cried, which in itself was a most unusual event, but crying when sober was unheard of for me! We spent 10days in hospital until she reached 5lbs and I fed her myself every 2 hours. I was exhausted but exhilarated too. From the moment we came home I knew my life would never be the same, some huge fundamental shift had taken place and it wasn't all about me anymore. Danie has been a source of utter pride and delight and also a few tears over the years.Not to mention a few escapades like painting next door's dog GREEN, emptying all the tea out of 144 tea bags, icing the toilet seat with a tube of toothpaste that I then duly sat on! She has the voice of an angel and is also an incredibly intelligent, warm hearted, stunning looking and vibrant person. She excelled in school and college and obtained her Midwifery Diploma and Degree. She has an excellent reputation as a Midwife and is also a qualified NCT advisor. She is currently studying for a further degree in Law and also works part time in a women's refuge. Add to this that she has SIX children ranging in age from 13years to 3years and she has a husband that works away from home during the week it seems unbelievable that they manage to renovate properties in their spare time!!!
She is a fantastic Mum to her kids and I recall after she had her first child, the exquisite little Erin Mae, she was worried that if she had another one she would never be able to love them as much as she did her first.
Danie with her six children
Danie with Erin Mae

It's a funny thing...your first child opens something within you that is like a flowing river and subsequent children are washed and carried in it just as the first one was but, your first born will always be the catalyst that started the well spring of that blessing in the first place.......I LOVE YOU DANIE..and I am blessed to have you as my first born my fabulous Daughter.
My beautiful Danie 2011


1 comment:

  1. lOVING YOU ALWAYS NEL, YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION AND HAVE GIVEN ME THE STRENGTH, INTEGRITY AND DETERMINATION TO STRIVE TO ACHIEVE, LOVE AND LAUGH. DAN XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...