Search This Blog

Monday 30 May 2011

A blustery Sunday walk....

After a nice lie in and lunch at The Woodman with Andy, Dan, Lyndsey and Mum in law Betty I was welcomed home by the very excited little Tink who was very keen to get out of the house for a walk. I donned my walking boots and coat and off we went. It started off just very windy, with grey skies overhead but as we got out onto the golf course the wind really picked up and it started to spit with rain. We walked over to the castle and I was surprised to see so many people out and about. The bay was wild with frothing white water and I could clearly hear the waves as they came ashore. I stopped and just let the wind take my breath away and with it went my slight headache. All the cobwebs that were left over from last night's Joe Schmo gig at The Plough & Harrow were swept away and I found myself laughing out loud as the wind whipped my hair over my face and puffed out my coat so I looked like a michelin man! Tink was scampering around with her nose to the ground loving all the new smells that were there and the wind blew her ears and fluffy coat about till she looked like she had been in a tumble dryer. We headed home, me smiling and Tink's tail wagging, back home with a cuppa and a cuddle on the sofa with Andy, I felt more relaxed than I have in ages....who'd of thought a reluctant walk in grotty weather could leave me feeling so content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...