Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

A quick catch up ..........

Where shall I begin.... it is 3 years since I last posted on the blog, I abandoned it following some issues that a vindictive person caused in my professional life. Those that know me well,  know who, what and how and I will not go into it all here and now. If you want the dirty details you can email me and I'll spill it all out for you!
I have missed my blog, I was getting so much out of it and getting some great comments from others about it so I thought I would amend some stuff have a re think and start all over again.
Of course life moves on at a rapid pace and I will have to write rerospectively about the changes that have had the most impact on my life.
My eldest Son Karl separated from his wife and came home to live..things were very difficult for quite a while but he has now settled into domestic bliss with none other than the beautiful Pippa and her son Finn. He sees his children regularly as do we and things are moving along nicely now.
My Mother Joyce died in June 2008 at the grand age of 86 and my Sister Sharon and I gave her a send off she would be proud of.
Eldest Daughter Danielle and her family have moved into a bigger house in Malvern Wells and she has aquired a Dalmation dog called Dixie, a rabbit and some chickens!! As if six kids wasn't enough to look after, but, it keeps her busy.
Our beloved dog Blue was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer that had spread to his lymph nodes and major organs in February 2009 and he was gently put to sleep at home on 3rd April with Andy, Dan, Lyndsey and myself there with him. He was buried with his favouite cuddly gorilla under the lilac tree and he now has a little "Blue Garden" in his memory. The pain of losing that most devoted and faithfull of friends was unbearable and poignant. We are thankful that we had him for 11 wonderful years and the space he has in our hearts will never be lost.
Daniel our youngest Son met and fell in love with the beautiful Lyndsey and they happily tied the knot on February 6th 2011. She is a wonderful woman and they are so in love...all you could wish for your kids really and they are currently staying with us in the cabin.
I found work very stressful and my health began to suffer...and with great delight I took a flexible retirement in October 2009, I now only work 22.5 hours which is a really new thing for me.
In April 2009 Andy started a new job with the PHS group and was rapidly promoted to a Managerial position...he loves his work and is extremely busy, often flying off to Europe for meetings and projects.
He is still gigging like mad with the great JOE SCHMO and he still loves it big time. He has also got together with two mates Ian and Lawrence, to found an originals band that have lots of material but as yet no name!
2009 also saw Mr Po marry the lovely Jo and we were honoured to attend their celebrations down in Newbury. That year also brought our dear friend Ian Rees aka Chalk and his fab wife Ruth and their two kids back to Pennard after so many years in Bristol it is really good to have them back!
Perhaps for Andy and myself the biggest thing that happened in 2009 was our 25th (Silver) Wedding Anniversary...Oh my how old does that make you feel. We celebrated with a surprise(for me) holiday in The Hilton Hotel in Hurghada Egypt. We spent 2 glorious weeks being pampered, swimming, snorkelling, diving, dancing, eating and drinking. A once in a lifetime holiday that I will write about in more detail later.
For my Birthday in August 2010 Andy took me to Pembrokeshire and we came home with a new addition to the family my gorgeous little girl, Tink. She is a Chonzer which is a cross between a Miniature Schnauzer and a Bichon Frisse. She is the cutest and most delightful little dog and has gone a long way to easing my heartache over the loss of Blue. 
Sadly in 2010 Hammy (Mr Hamilton) of Redcliff  died after a short illness. We have a new member of Sandy Lane now in Redcliff, Liz who has set about making the place a bit more to her taste.
I am very proud to announce that on April 27th 2011 our wonderful Daughter Kaye and her partner Simon, presented us with a new Grandson..the totally gorgeous Sebastian Andrew, weighing 7lbs 4ozs. Both Andy and I were there for his birth and I can't tell you how proud of Kaye we are..she was FANTASTIC! I'll be posting some pics soon.
I know there are lots more happenings to talk about and I will get to them in due course but, that's all for now folks. 
By God it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...