Search This Blog

Sunday 11 March 2012

My new shoes are causing a stir!



These are my totally gorgeous new shoes by Moda In Pelle, adorned with Swarovski crystals they are the ultimate in statement shoes!
I liked them so much I put a pic on Facebook and was quite astonished at my two daughter's reactions......they both think that they belong in a Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and asked if I was going to wear something unseemingly tight and short in a fluorescent colour to go with them!!
How could they be so conservative? I have told them both that life is too short to hide your light under a bushell and that they can stick to their sensible Clarks shoes and I WILL have my bling.
They are really beautiful and superbly well made and plus they are amazingly comfortable. Today, I tried them on with the complete outfit for an upcoming wedding which consists of a divine purple dress and shrug jacket with a tiered ruffle effect and jewels under the bustline, hot pink small saucer hat and hot pink satin bag. It looks fabulous!!
I will wear the wondrous shoes because I really want to and as I get older I become even more acutely aware of a tenet that I have always tried to live by...be true to yourself and if you have regrets make sure they are for the things you have done...not the things you didn't do.
I haven't always done things the right way, but, I have always tried to do what I believe to be the right thing and what is true to myself; After all it is me living my life..in person..here and now, it's not a dress rehearsal and we only get one turn of this particular wheel. 
So with that in mind, I WILL WEAR MY SPARKLING, GORGEOUS, SHOES AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...