Search This Blog

Sunday 5 February 2012

Kids remember the strangest things...

On Saturday I took some time to meet up with my best friend Sue Prankerd, it was a very cold morning and just as we were leaving a few flakes of snow started to drift down....Sue turned to me and said "Shall we go in yours or mine?" (car). I looked at her for a moment before replying.."Yours, it's a four wheel drive jeep!" O.K. she said but you'll have to drive it if it's in four wheel drive!! We tootled off and had a great time, stopping for lunch in Starvin Jacks and picked up some great bargains with an extra 20% off thanks to vouchers clipped from the newspaper by Betty, my savvy Mum in Law. Everyone knows I love a bargain and rarely pay full price for anything if I can help it. I even got 10% off a wheelbarrow because it had scratches on it.....whoo hoo.
My BFF Sue and I 

On the way home we collected my Granddaughter Megan from The Egypt Centre where she had been on a school organised outing. I got there to find her complete with Egyptian eye make up and very excited as she had been a tomb assistant and helped to remove the heart and entrails to put into the canopic jars before wrapping the mummy in bandages. She had loved it and on the way out we bought some activity packs and trinkets to take home and went to join Sue in the car, she was keen to show Aunty Sue her treasures. 
My Meg
As we drove home via Mumbles Sue asked where to park...I replied in the main car park on the front and a little voice behind me said " You think Aunty Sue's a bad parker, don't you Nanny?"...we roared laughing as it is a standing joke about my lovely friend's inability to park, especially parallel or reverse parking unless there is at least 3 car lengths to play with!! We often end up on the roof of the multi storey car park trying to find the ideal spot. 
My savvy Mum in law Betty
Sue said she tries hard to park but can't do it!  Megan then said " Aunty Sue parked really good last time we came here, didn't she and you were really pleased with her were'nt you Nanny?" I nearly choked laughing and luckily Sue and I have the kind of friendship where we recognise our weaknesses and laugh about them so no offence was taken but I could've strangled her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...