Search This Blog

Sunday 19 February 2012

Half term and the living is busy....

Well what a busy time we have been having just lately. Work is crazy,I am now working in a different area for 3 months and it's a bit exciting! Tink is bonkers and then up pops 'half term'.
Valentine's Day and my wonderful hubby left a very beautiful card next to my bed and imagine my delight upon opening it I found a beautifully tender love letter, sealed with a kiss. I spent the day with Hannah and Megan and we went to Mumbles for lunch and shopping...wallet considerably lighter we came home and made tea and decorated beautiful vases for Mother's Day. Gandy arrived home from work and the girls cajoled him into joining in with their game..choreographing dance moves to songs. He slipped into something more comfortable and was soon shimmying his stuff around the living room. When they taught him the Macarena I just had to get the camera out and here folks for your delectation is the video.....



We joined our friends Sue and Mike for dinner at The Grand Theatre in Swansea before watching The Burlesque Show. I have to say it was a tad disappointing and our local amateur venture The Blue Stocking Lounge is far better crafted. The highlight of the evening was a Mime/Magician called Elan who had me crying laughing and was worth the price of the ticket on his own! As for dinner at The Grand..Grand it 'ain't...don't bother folks, just over priced pub grub and little choice,served by wait staff who are inept in every way.Whilst dining we all got chatting about parking issues in town and Sue told Mike I rarely put a ticket on the car when parking...'tis true,  I figure that even if I get 3 tickets a year I'm still quids in with the extortionate prices in Swansea and on average I only get 1 or 2. However it is true that several years ago I accumulated several tickets that remained unpaid and Andy was none too pleased when his Mum 'phoned him to tell him off for being prosecuted and reported in the local paper...I forgot to mention it was his car all the tickets were on!!
It seems we all get a bit of word blindness from time to time and my friend Mike is no exception, he recently asked Sue to spell the word 'arrow' she duly obliged and his reply was " that's how I spelt it but it looks too short" I have since had great delight in teasing him about the length of his arrow and will get much more mileage out of it before I let it go...he he he!
 Work the next day and by Wed evening I was all in...bed at 10.30 only to be woken by naughty Tink yapping and crying from 4.30am to come in the bedroom...arrgghh! Thursday I had Meg in the afternoon as Karl had taken Hannah shopping as a Birthday treat, we walked Tink and bimbled about, quite chilled really. On Friday the girls came around 10.30 very keen to bake a Birthday cake for Gandy who will be 47 on Saturday. We baked a fab sponge cake and filled it with fresh cream and strawberry conserve, iced with vanilla and chocolate and sprinkled with choc chips it was very naughty but divine. We cooked a quiche for tea and the girls made jam tarts as well to take home. We put trick candles on the cake and the girls howled as Gandy tried to blow them out...each time he blew harder but they just kept re lighting!
On Saturday we stayed in bed then had brunch with Karl and the girls and Andy opened presents and cards. Sue and Mike popped in for coffee and a chat. I walked Tink down to Threee Cliffs beach and played for ages, she actually managed the stepping stones all by her lone...no mean feat for such iccle legs. In the evening we met up with Law and Sal Kneath, Pete Hutchins and Dan & Lyndsey and went for a fab meal in Gallini's in The Marina, great Italian home cooked food and wonderful atmosphere. Then on to The Bay View to watch Grand Theft Audio and have a bit of a bop! Home at about 2.00am. Up at 10.00 for a bit of breakfast and a tidy up and off to The Village Hotel to join Dave & Sue,Sue & Mike for lunch. We took Meg with us as Karl was driving Hannah home to Anglesey. We took Meg home and got back to the house to a super excited ball of fluff who had destroyed a whole box of tissues creating something akin to a snowstorm in the lounge.....Andy said it was because she was upset at being left and needed a tissue??? Oh for heaven's sake he's getting worse than me. Tink and I walked over to the castle, around the golf course and back via the water tower...she met lots of new doggy friends and had a great time......life is busy, life is good...I am blessed and truly grateful. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...