Search This Blog

Sunday 15 January 2012

A wonderful weekend in the midlands

I have returned home tonight after spending a lovely weekend in the Midlands. I travelled up in the trusty Gert to my Sister Sharon's on Friday night and Gert was not quite as trusty as she has previously been. I just got to Ross and she started to splutter and cut out....argh! Freezing cold and pitch black I kangaroo jumped to a lay by and thought about what I had in the car to sort the problem. It felt like fuel starvation so I thought a quick look under the bonnet might give me some idea...oh no, no torch in the car. Then I remembered a small torch I keep in my handbag for emergencies (I am a Virgoan after all). Donning scarf, coat and gloves I braved the cold and had a look, it was very obvious not much fuel was getting through and the problem was a blocked fuel filter. I needed to clean it out but it was firmly held by 2 hose clips and I didn't have any tools in the car (so unlike me) back to the handbag with everything in it and I found a flip out screwdriver on a keyring..hooray, 5 minutes JOB DONE! Gert now sloshing with fuel and running fine I carried on to Kidderminster to a very welcome cup of tea and gorgeous meal with my wonderful sister. We then sat and chatted until the early hours about all manner of things both past and present and rolled off to bed happy and content in each other's company. Next morning I took off to meet my Granddaughter Erin in Worcester for a bit of shopping as an early Birthday treat as she is off to Rome next month with St. Mary's Choir to sing in 2 concerts in The Vatican. No young lady should go to Rome without a few fab new additions to her wardrobe and so we hit the shops! We had a great time and bought shoes, jeggings, tops,skirts,tights,leggings,dresses and a scarf and gloves! Erin was delighted and I was delighted at her obvious pleasure. 
Erin in one of her outfits
The fab shoes from Office!
Back to Danie's for a short visit before meeting my brother Graham and his wife Dorothy with my sister Sharon at The Fox Inn at Chaddesley Corbett for a wonderful meal before going back to Gra & Dorothy's for coffee and much hilarity as we reminisced together  and played with their little Jack Russel Max.
Sharon and I had a very late night and got up late this morning. We had lunch in Worcester at The Perdiswell which was more like purgatory with all the screaming children in there! We went our seperate ways and I arrived home to a very enthusiastic welcome from my little Tink who almost wagged herself in half! My wonderful Hubby had cooked a lovely curry and rice for tea and after a nice cuppa and a cuddle I was totally snuggly back home.
A wonderful weekend with family that as usual makes me count my blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...