Search This Blog

Thursday 19 January 2012

Stranger than fiction.......

I think it's a bloke thing...stashing stuff in any drawer that comes to hand. Most men seem to have a 'bits' drawer full of things that might come in useful sometime and Andy is no exception, he however has stuff stashed in every drawer in the house apart from my underwear drawer!. I find odd collections of items in the strangest places, but, by far the strangest was the collection of wooden chip forks I discovered secreted away in Andy's pants drawer.....what were all these piles of little wooden forks doing there? why would anyone need so many? Was there some other use for them I had not yet discovered? I asked him about it and all he said was "They were just there, free in the chip shop, so I thought I'd keep some in case I ever needed one" How could he use them if they were in his pants drawer?? There were not just a couple there,there were loads and obviously collected at different times from different places. I wondered if I had unwittingly discovered some strange new obsession ? Was there a help line for it ?  This odd behaviour has not been repeated, but is often talked about, much to Andy's chagrin. Oddly most men seem to understand this strange behaviour...they were there,they were free, take some home....simples! I am still baffled and now approach any drawer with a flicker of trepidation, wondering what he's stashed in there this time.....I'll let you know. If you can think of alternative uses for a wooden chip fork please let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...