Search This Blog

Monday 28 November 2011

'elf n safety comes to The Lane

I've heard some things in my 30years on Sandy Lane ,but I had to smile at this.....some well meaning folk are trying to protect us from our wild environment and are currently assessing the wild areas,hedges paths etc for potential dangers and health hazards. Trimming spikey branches and opening up the pathways to make them less treacherous "for safety reasons". Well intentioned I grant you,but frankly unnecessary, we live in a rambly, brambly rough and ready place and surely everyone is aware that there are  branches that overhang and have thorns and spikes. I personally love it that some areas are overgrown and you have to step carefully through...it's a bit magical, like stepping into another world. I walk the lane in daylight and darkness,often without a torch and in my opinion the most dangerous thing is the mess underfoot from the bloody cows...perhaps they would like to cull them ...for safety reasons of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...