Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 July 2012

The best laid plans....

I wanted to do so much in the garden and outside these last few weeks but have been thwarted by the bloody weather. I have never known a summer this wet...it must be a record of sorts. It's not cold or anything but the constant rain and grey skies are starting to get me down. Walking little Tink today it was like something out of Hound of The Baskervilles out on the links.Swirling murky grey mist shrouded everything and it was like walking above the clouds in places.  I couldn't see the castle until I was ten yards from it and couldn't see the sea or beach at all! The rabbits were out but not many today and Tink just looks at them curiously, no desire to do anything to them other than look. I'm told that there is Myxomatosis among them again, that's such a shame. 
I had so much planned but being out at least blew the cobwebs away, I met up with Anna and Dylan, who royally mugged me for treats as usual, Then bumped in to Bob and Barry for a quick chat before trotting home and snipping away some bramble on the drive before the heavens opened again. The lane is muddy and waterlogged everywhere and wellies are the order of the day. Tink has to wear her raincoat, she does look very cute in it. She waits patiently when we get in to take it off and have her muddy paws dried with her fluffy towel. We snuggled up on the sofa with a cuppa before sorting out some yummy dinner..ala slimming world style for when Andy got home.
We are still fat fighting but our recent holiday was a setback and we both gained at least 7lbs! Now all gone but this is where it gets tough again. Not going to quit on it though as I feel so much better now than I have for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...