Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 October 2011

28 Years with my Rock God!

18th October 1984....WE DO!
Today, Tuesday 18th October 2011 Andy and I have been married for 28years!! I can honestly say that I love him more now than I did all those years ago and I never thought that was a possibility.
We have had hard times and some rough patches, as those who know us well have been privy to. I am fiesty and quick tempered (less so now, as I have mellowed with age) and he is the strong silent type...which sometimes drives me nuts!! He is the only man I have ever met who loves me just the way I am, he has never tried to change or tame me and I adore and respect him for that. What I do know is that when he takes me in his arms and kisses me, my blood still turns to fire and my knees go weak, that has never changed and I guess if it does I'll worry. He gave me a card this morning that said if he could he would beg me to marry him all over again. I asked if he really meant that and he said he had no regrets at all and felt he was the luckiest man in the world. We are going to renew our vows and we plan to do that on our 30th anniversary, not far away now.   What a lovely start to my day. 
Sadly he is off to Spain until Friday evening with work so we won't celebrate our anniversary until he gets back. Now where shall I book a table for a romantic meal out for just us two?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments,thoughts,memories...